We’re excited to announce that the Sustainability Week event is coming! In partnership with the Niantic Sustainability Campaign, you and your fellow Trainers can earn in-game bonuses by achieving various sustainability-related goals in the real world. In addition, Binacle will be making its Pokémon GO debut, and there will be a free Sustainability Week T-shirt avatar item available in the shop.
You can work alongside players of other Niantic games to unlock special tiered in-game rewards by participating in the Niantic Sustainability Campaign in the real world. The following rewards will be available on Sunday, April 25, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Tier 1(2,500 activations): Five-star raids will appear more often.
- Tier 2 (5,000 activations): A free bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop. The rewards from Tier 1 will remain active.
- Tier 3 (10,000 activations): A 2× Catch XP bonus will be live. The rewards from Tiers 1 and 2 will remain active. For more details on how to unlock these rewards, please see the Niantic blog post here.
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research to earn encounters with Cottonee, Chespin, Binacle, and more.
- There will also be event-exclusive Timed Research for you to enjoy.
- A free Sustainability Week T-shirt avatar item will be available in the shop!
- Binacle, the Two-Handed Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut! It’s unclear if it’ll be in the wild but it will appear in Field Research during the event.
Sustainability-themed Pokémon appearing in the wild.
In 5 km Eggs
Appearing in Raids
- Alolan Exeggutor
Appearing in 5- Star Raids
- Landorus (Therian)
Appearing in Mega Raids
- Mega Venusaur
- Mega Lopunny
- Mega Abomasnow
These Pokémon will be released in their shiny variant with the start of the event.