Tricky Pokémon 2021
The Tricky Pokémon event is back, and mischievous Pokémon seem to be causing more trouble than usual! Throughout Thursday, April 1, 2021, Pokémon prone to mischief will be appearing more often in the wild—some of them may even be Ditto in disguise! Some of them appear to be causing trouble for Team GO Rocket, too, so it’s the perfect time to complete Team GO Rocket Timed Research and rescue Shadow Zapdos from Giovanni’s clutches!
- Team GO Rocket will be appearing more often at PokéStops and in balloons. (Balloons are every 3 hours)
- The Team GO Rocket Timed Research launching during this event will be available from Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time. Complete it within that time to earn a Super Rocket Radar and other rewards!
- The switch timer in the GO Battle League will be cut in half! Could this be more Pokémon mischief at work? (This will last from March 31st, 4 AM (PT) until April 5th, 2 PM (PT).)
- Take up to 5 snapshot to get photobombed by Aipom or Croagunk.
- Ditto will be appearing more frequently in the wild during the event, so be sure to catch Pokémon that Ditto are known to transform into! We’ve also received reports of Ditto transforming into one more Pokémon species than before, and it seems this phenomenon will continue after the event concludes.
Sources tell us that Team GO Rocket Grunts will only have Shadow Aipom on their teams during the event. They thought catching Aipom would put a stop to their pranks—but how wrong they were!
Pokémon prone to mischief—like Aipom, Croagunk, and Purrloin—will be appearing more often in the wild!
Get Photobombed up to 5 times by Aipom or Croagunk.
This list will be updated when the event starts and new species are confirmed.
Current Ditto Disguises