Mega Buddy - Unlock Mega Gengar
From From Tuesday, September 22, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, September 28, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, become buddies with your Mega-Evolved Pokémon and spend time with it! Be sure to take snapshots with your buddy and share them with us on social media using #GOsnapshot. During this time, Pokémon that are large in size will be appearing more often in the wild and in raids. Mega Evolve your buddy and give it a treat to have them appear on the map for comparison! Can you guess which one is taller: Furret or Mega Charizard X? We will also be releasing Timed Research at the end of September to usher in the spooky season.
- Find Pokémon that are large in size in raids throughout the event!
- There will be an increase in Beedrill Mega Energy received from Field Research.
- You can receive Mega Energy for Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise by completing limited event-exclusive Field Research tasks.
- Take a GO Snapshot and you might get photobombed by Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, or Mega Pidgeot. You can do this once per day.
- Complete the Timed Research during this event for a chance to unlock an exclusive Timed Research during this year’s Halloween Event that features Mega Gengar for the first time in Pokemon GO!
Pokémon that are large in size will be appearing more frequently in the wild, including:
Pokémon Large in Size Appearing in the Wild
- Alolan Exeggutor
Take a snapshot for a surprise. You do not need to take a picture of a Mega-evolved Pokémon for this. (Once per day)
From GO Snapshot Photobombs
If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Doduo!